There are many things I treasure about my boys, but joy and delight is greatly manifested in the little things they do. Like bedtime kisses all around - both big brothers giving Elias a kiss on the cheek and little E eating it up! Like hearing Aiden sing "This Little Light of Mine" - all 3 verses, plus an extra of his own - and then relating how he prayed at snack time during Bible Study. Like enjoying a trip to the grocery with just Caleb - and his pure enjoyment of one-on-one mommy time . . . "Aiden and I fought to go with you, but it was just one this time!"
I also find encouragement that something may be going right when I see how much my quiet youngest is learning. The other evening I gave the boys the agenda for the evening, which included cleaning up the kitchen before bath time . . . and the next thing I know, Elias is putting toys away in the family room with no prompting from me. Really, completely cleaning up his toys! Then it struck me - - he heard "we have to clean up the kitchen" and took it upon himself to clean up the toys! This was followed by him carrying a bag of trash to the garage door - again unprompted by me. Little E really is my little helper! Now, can I continue to foster this mindset within him??
In the heat of the moment, these early years seem to be eternal, but I fear I am letting this time slip by. Am I treasuring each moment with my young family? Am I taking time to ponder such things in my heart? Am I appreciating the blessings God is bestowing on me daily . . . or do I get too caught up in the daily grind to notice?
So, my goal for the near future is this . . . Truly treasure the moments with my family - identify and acknowledge the uniqueness of each member - give Praise to our great Lord in everything (easy and hard!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Wow! I want to make sure that I treasure each moment with my little ones too! Thanks for the reminder. It's so easy to get caught up in the day to day and time is slip sliding away. Thank you for sharing!
ReplyDeleteholly...you are a great mama! and oh how i pray elias remains such a helper...he is SO stinkin' cute. we have been trying to do lots of one on one time and outings libs and kate...they just drink it in...and it is sooo great to see their little personalities. see you sunday evening! (and do you know sarah--from the comment above...or did she find you through my blog...because she is incredible...and it would be WILD if you knew each other from some other part of life!)
ReplyDeleteYou are doing a great job! Entrusted has really helped hold me accountable it these areas...
ReplyDelete