Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Ten Smiles . . . getting back to it

Okay, I knew I would not be very good at frequent postings here, but here we are again! I won't try to make up for 2 months, but here are some recent "smiles" from the McCrory household.

1. My boys singing . . . all three of them . . . sometimes the same song, sometimes different ones. Regardless, I do think they are all developing a love for music - and make up their own songs about anything and everything! I remember some good college friends making fun of how I did (still do?) this all the time . . . at least they get it honestly. What makes me smile even more is the titles Aiden comes up with. The other day we had "Spirit, Lord, Save Me from the Dragon" and "Hallelujah, Help Me". As for Elias, I often hear him humming away - off in his own musical world!

2. Spiritual Conversations. Last week Caleb and Aiden both asked some great questions - and I was challenged to explain theology at a preschoolers level! I should have posted about the conversation immediately when I remembered all details, but it went something like this:
Caleb: Who is God?
Me: (formulated a response talking about God who made us, protects us, helps us know how to do what's right, is always with us in our hearts - even though we can't see him here.)
Aiden: Does Aunt Jennifer see God?
Me: Yes, Aunt Jennifer does see God - because she's in heaven with him.
Caleb: Will Aunt Jennifer come back to live with Uncle Bruce when she's all better?
Me: No, Aunt Jennifer gets to live with God forever now. But we'll be able to see her one day with God if we decide to live for Jesus. (talked more about Jesus dying on the cross for us, etc)
A: Does God make everyone feel better?

And the discussion continued for a good 5 minutes or so. I love how my YOUNG boys can fit the pieces together to discover who God is! And I love the fact that my precious Aunt Jennifer's ministry continues, even while she is praising her Lord in heaven!

3. All things Fall! We took a trip to the Pumpkin Patch with Aiden's preschool class last week. Dale took the day off work and we had a great family outing. Even Elias truly chose his own pumpkin - and they were all very appropriately sized for each boy! The trip concluded with cider and apples - - yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment