Monday, August 17, 2009

Preschool Starts - The beginning of a new Era

Dropped off Aiden for his first day of Preschool, and he was very excited! No turning back as he waltzed right into the room . . . I had to catch him for a quick hug and kiss before he ran on in! Only after we got into the car did Caleb ask, "Why are we leaving without Aiden?" I reminded him Aiden got to stay at school while he came home with mommy . . . so far so good. Thus begins my life of figuring out how to best manage my time 3 mornings a week with only 2 kids. :)


I do like this schol thing, but it also makes it real that my son's independence is only going to grow from here. Gone is the time of being with mom 24/7 . . . it really did come quickly! Yes, I admit I'm evaluating if I have done things right so far to prepare him for starting independence, but I guess regular evaluation in ALL aspects of life it a good thing! I know Aiden will do great at school - it is only preschool, afterall. My musings come in thinking of 3, 5, 10 years from now. Wow!

Lord, help me do everything these precious souls need! You have entrusted me with 3 little boys hearts . . . help me know how to raise them into 3 Godly men, sold-out wholely to you!

Oh, and I had to add a little note regarding the discussion I overheard prior to leaving for preschool . . .
Aiden (very matter of fact): "Caleb, you may not stay with me at school. You're going to miss me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment