1. The first snowfall is here! Granted, it's only about 1/2-3/4 of an inch, but it is enough to get the boys excited! Their first questions this morning were "Can we go play in the snow?" and "Is there enough snow to go sledding?" After putting Elias down for a nap (he's getting over being sick and I didn't want him outside quite yet), I indulged the boys and we bundled up to play. For a 3 and 4 year old, it doesn't take much snow to have fun! We even managed to make snow angels on the deck and build a small snowman! The boys were thrilled!
A: (stated rather matter-of-fact, yet with emphasis) Mom, I LOOVE Ella. (8 month old cutie of Matt and Stephanie Curts)
Me: Really? Why do you love Ella?
A: She's just so cute!
3. Elias may have a limited vocabulary, but he is definitely learning to make his will known! This morning after getting him dressed, he was at my side pulling for my attention. I picked him up, but he immediately wanted down. I offered my hand and asked him to "show me" what he wanted. Elias took my hand and proceeded to lead me downstairs and to the refrigerator. Thinking he wanted a drink, I opened the door and asked "Do you want your milk?" . . . he promptly closed the door. I tried a second time, and again he closed the door, pointing up. Thinking he wanted to look at one of the pictures on the refrigerator, I picked him up. Then the true desire became clear . . . Elias continued to point above the fridge to the stash of suckers kept there! Ding!! Completely without words (only a few grunts and squirks), Elias communicated his desire . . . and I didn't even realize he knew the suckers were there! And yes, I was so amused by this adventure that I had to "reward" him with a sucker!
4. Dance parties in the family room! We have been playing a lot of Christmas music lately, and with it has come joy in the form of dancing! All three boys turning circles, running around, and doing their own thing to the music . . . makes me smile!! I do wonder what their chance is of rising above their parents' poor dance ability . . . time will tell!
5. Good reports from the dentist! All three boys had their routine cleaning/check-up, and all three received good reports. I am so proud of Caleb . . . after some traumatic experiences this year breaking his tooth, having it pulled, and having a false tooth cemented in place, he has been very brave! I can tell from our conversations before hand that he still isn't too sure of the dentist, but he went back bravely on his own . . . and came out beaming at what a big boy he was! Good job Caleb!
6. Christmas Advent Tree - - Thanks to a lot of hard work by our MOPS Creative Activities team, we have this wonderful Christmas advent tree that the boys love. Each morning they excitedly ask "can we do our 'book' yet?" (referring to the related devotional). They get to take turns putting on that day's ornament as we read the corresponding devotional. I'm really liking this as well and look forward to making it a yearly tradition!
7. Finally, I had to post this last picture - - a few days prior to making snow angels and snowmen, this is what the boys were doing . . . playing in the last leaf pile of 2009! Yes, thanks to crazy Indiana weather, we had "warm" weather and a final outside clean-up day before the snow hit. Leaves and snowmen - all in December!


No comments:
Post a Comment